One of the watches we missed last year was the Aries Gold Vanguard, which has an industrial, skeleton engineering vibe going on, with a decent spec for the money. All things considered a Seiko powered NH70 series auto for £248, with that segmented dial plate and see-thru caseback is a fair price.
Nice beefy 44mm case diameter and we like the green dial/gold hands option best. There are black, white and blue dial options too.
When Seiko are price walking models like the Presage and Prospex models up to almost a grand in some cases, the Indie sector is worth a look.
So here’s the spec on this Singapore brand offer – you can customise the rotor too.
Powered by a reliable workhorse Japanese automatic movement, the Vanguard adds as much substance to match its style. Quick release strap releases allow for on-the-fly strap changing, making it even more versatile for your adventures.
SKU: Vanguard G 9025 BKRG-BKRG
• Case: 44mm Solid Stainless Steel
• Case Thickness: 14mm
• Movement: Japan Automatic NH70/71
• Water Resistance: 100m / 10ATM
• Dial Colour: Black Multilayered, Industrial Skeletonised Dial with Sandblasted, Grained and Brushed Finishes.
• Hands: Linear Brushed Sword Shaped Hands with Swiss Superluminova
• Bezel: Fixed, Brushed Stainless Steel
• Glass: Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal with Inner Anti-Reflective Coating
• Strap: Genuine Leather
• Lug Width: 24mm
• Lug to Lug: 53mm
• Weight: 60g
• Case Back: Single Piece Screw-Down Sapphire Crystal
• Crown: Custom embossed Aries Gold logo
• Functions: 3 Hands