Not gonna lie, lately the NWC mag has become slightly obsessed with MOD – Made On Demand – watches. The idea of recycling existing, sometimes vintage movements or a handy Seiko case n bracelet, has broad appeal. It’s also kinda sustainable/green/climate agenda friendly too, as you’re basically upcycling watch parts.
Yeah so kudos with the Jeminas n Lucys who dye their hair pink and superglue themselves to controversial statues n that.
The Viqueria Heritage is ahn Italian made watch that combines the trusty Poljot 2609 movement with a new case and some beautiful leather straps. The case size is perfect at 40mm. The watch isn’t too thick either, plus it features a real mineral crystal. All this for £180 plus import duty and VAT. Not bad.
Here’s the tech spec from Viqueria;
Few months ago we found a bunch of Poljot 2609 movements. So we started to think about a new dressy timepiece with a lot of history inside.
Thanks to our Italian watchmaker we serviced, verified and regulated the Poljot movements and thus allowed us to create a limited edition of 83 pieces that we will deliver to you in May!
We have encased the Poljot in a 40.5mm case with a bezel that’s tight to the domed crystal. Short lugs with a curve flat enough to suit larger wrists yet angled enough to hug smaller wrists as well.
The Viqueria Heritage V1 has 3 sunray dials, blue, black and white. Applied high polish indices and applied numerals.
- Movement: Serviced and Regulated Handwind Poljot 2609;
- Case: SS316L 40.5mm diameter;
- Thickness: 12mm
- Size: 46mm lug to lug – 20mm lug width;
- Crystal: Super Domed mineral crystal with Anti Reflective coating;
- Water Resistance 5atm
- Caseback: Mineral crystal
- Dials: Sunray dials with applied markers
- Straps: Made in Italy leather straps. In the starting price is included 1 strap at your choice (vintage Tuscany leather or leather with high quality alligator stamp)
- Warranty: 24months
- Serviced, Regulated and Assembled in Italy
DELIVERY: The Viqueria Heritage is in production, so we expect to start deliveries by the mid of May.