Seals have a new model on pre-order. The Sea Storm is a sports/casual dive watch with 150m depth rating, optional date window and six different dial colur choices. It’s due to be delivered in April and the pre-order cost is $300. There is a $15 US-UK shipping charge too, plus any taxes that Customs levy too of course.
Here’s some spec details from US brand Seals;
- Case Diameter 38.00mm
- Case Height 11.10 Without Crystal
- Sapphire Crystal Boxed With Anti-reflective Coating On The Inside
- Lug To Lug Length Is 47mm
- Lug Width Is 20mm
- Rotating Bezel 120 Clicks, Unidirectional
- Water Resistance 150 Meters
- Screw-down Crown, Signed and 7.00mm Diameter
- Case Material 316L Stainless Steel
- Hands are Rhodium plated with C3 SuperLumiNova
- Bezel Markings employ the typeface Decimal by Hoefler & Co
- Date Complication
MIYOTA 9015 MOVEMENT SPECIFICATIONS
- Power Reserve 42 Hours
- Vibrations 28800 Per Hour
- Jewels 24
- Functions Include Stop / Hacking Seconds, Quick Date Set
- Winding Automatic or Manual
- Stock Accuracy -10～＋30 sec per day
The case finish of the “Sea Storm” will be comparable to its classical inspirations but more modern, consistent with our brand’s DNA. The case sides will have a vertical satin-brushed finish. Between the lugs to be sandblasted as to protect from spring bar scuffing. The top-down facing case surface will be circular satin-brushed and have a slightly polished bevel outside the lug edges that tapers toward the case centre.
Verdict: Great spec for the money and although it isn’t a serious dive watch this has all the right elements fro a durable life on holiday doing some snorkelling, plus daily wear just for it’s indie style. the Sea Storm is also a great name for a watch – just saying!